Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Words of Twisdom Tuesday =)



So in every situation you could possibly be put in... no matter how annoying and frustrating and even devastating... people are always telling people, "To be thankful for what you have because it could be worse". I have even muttered those words to myself and others, although I would say something like, "Everything happens for a reason", "There is a lesson to be learned from this" or "Its probably a blessing in disguise". But I am beginning to wonder if this "positive patty" programmed mind set
, is making myself and others complacent with these annoying, frustrating and devastating situations and events. This way of thinking is making people and myself ok with "life happening to them" time after time, because "Its probably a blessing in disguise". But is it? How will you know? You won't until the next set of good or bad things happen to you...When will enough be enough??


Today! I'm sick of it. I'm sure there IS a lesson to be learned but from here on out I refuse to continue to let life happen to me. I am going to start making my life happen. I will still have a positive outlook on the future and I will be prepared for the annoying, frustrating, and devastating things... But I will no longer sit back and wait for the reason, lesson, or blessing... because there will be one. Today I vow to start making things happen, instead of waiting for them to happen to me... Goodbye smug Sally! Hello make it flow Flora!

Who's with me???!!!
~AE

P.S. For the next few days I will let you know things I'm doing to start this movement!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL @ make it flow Flora! Yeah...positive patty needed to be put down. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rock with it, many times people are waiting on God but the reality is God is waiting on you. Find your passion, it will lead you to your purpose and pursue it with impeccable effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its funny you said that because I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned from today's events. I'm not sure I'll ever know what that lesson is but I decided months ago to be happy no what the situation is. Here's a virtual toast to us!! If I can't handle the situation myself, I'm all for letting go and letting God!!

    ReplyDelete