Tuesday, January 4, 2011

iCook

Spinach and Franks
(This recipe was given to me by my friend Lisa and then I put my spin on it!!)






Ingredients:
Minced Garlic
Chopped Spinach
Chopped Onions and Green Peppers
Sliced Mixed Peppers (green, red, yellow)
Turkey Franks
Olive Oil
Water/Chicken Broth (amt used depends on the size of your skillet. Pour it in so its about an inch deep)
Salt and Pepper to taste.

*All the veggies were frozen and pre-chopped. And it takes about 8 minutes to cook!!*

Pour the olive oil (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan) in a skillet to sauté the onions, peppers, and garlic on low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cut up the franks in bite sized pieces (the thickness is your preference) and then toss them in the skillet. Stir ingredients all together. Let that cook for about two minutes and then push all the ingredients around the perimeter of the skillet to make roooom for the spinach. Place the spinach in the center and add the chicken broth and/or water. Add salt and pepper to taste. As the spinach starts to defrost mix all the ingredients together and enjoy this scrumptious meal!!

**************************************************
Major Kudos to Lisa for sharing this with me! I have been eating spinach for breakfast lunch and dinner!! Its def in my budget and its good for you.... okok I should probably eat it with out the franks. But hey I need the protein!! :-)
~AE

2 comments: