Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thee The Game Review


Ok friends... Here it is... thee The Game review. It has taken me two weeks to write this because.... I couldn't bring myself to write something negative about a show I have LOVED. I attempted to wait a week in hopes it would get better but much to my dismay it has not. So here we go...


I have NOT gotten used to the dim lit shots that they have been showing us these last three weeks... I feel like shooting guerilla style is great when the audience can't tell its happening. I think this is what is most upsetting to me. In all the promos and pre-show interviews the casts say how they brought back all the same writers so I can't wrap my head around why after each episode I feel let down. I think the two years of anticipation have lead MANY viewers to have really high expectations for the show.

So far we have seen three episodes and I think the ONLY thing that has saved the show so far is this:


I literally laughed out loud when Jason did his song. Other than that I am not happy with how the storylines have been going... 
  • Girl Mel and Derwin... What is going on?! They have always had THAT kind of relationship but REALLY?!?! Ugh I am so disappointed
  • The jury is still out on Kelly and Britt Brat... I need to see them next episode to really tell you how I feel.
  • Malik and Terence aka TT... 
    • I am delighted in TT's independence from Malik
    • Malik should have read this week's Word's of Wisdom
      • He should have known karma is a bitch and he couldn't ditch her forever
  • Meagan Good... I will say I am waiting to see how this storyline will play out
    • Her attitude towards TT though is annoying and they fact that Malik doesn't say anything to her is even more annoying
  • Tasha Mack and Kelly are friends again... may this will be good... I don't know
  • Melanie was never really into the SunBeams... so for her to be the leader (even though I suspected it) doesn't seem right... She's no Kelly.
Okay so let me say this, I am very happy that The Game is back on TV. It gives us something to watch with a predominately black cast. Kudos to that; I am not trying to knock anyone's hustle. I just think they expectations were soooo high. I hope the show will be around for another season but they have GOT to get rid of that God AWFUL guerilla style filming! HAVE TOO. I think I would be a good idea if they get Queen Latifah on board. Her show Let's Stay Together is too cute. I can see the actors clearly, it looks rehearsed and well polished, and the storylines are good!  

I will be doing the Dip and Pitts until next weeks episode!
~AE



2 comments:

  1. LOL I literally laughed out loud for the Dip & Pitts dance too. Especially when he started doing the T-Pain singing. I'm definitely agreeing with u about the guerilla style filming. It's horrible. The audience doesnt seem to know when to laugh and/or doesnt know what's going on. It's sad. I feel u with Derwin and Girl Melanie's relationship. U never really even see them together or talking and don't get me started on her intake as a Kelly wannabe. She sucks. I hate to say it but the show is WHACK! Touche on the blog hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im disappointed in the show too..now its like wayyy too much drama..im jus hurt lol

    ReplyDelete