Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movie Reviews

In the past few days I have had the pleasure of having some FREE TIME *happy dance* I used some of this time to catch up on some reading for class, doing homework and watching movies I've wanted to see, The King's Speech, The Book of Eli, and Little Fockers. The first two were good movies but Little Fockers was a WASTE of time. I'm not one of those people who tells you about a movie you haven't seen soo don't worry. But what I will say is this:

The King's Speech: This is a true story about King George VI (his family called him Bertie) and his struggle to get over his stutter. I liked this movie a LOT. Although going into the theater I knew the basic story that is taught in history class, the directors/actors did a great job of bringing this story to life without being boring and adding minor background details to make the royal family seem human to the viewers. There are moments in the film that are funny and moments where you can sympathize with B-b-bertie and is family. I would definitely go and see this movie again (matinee of course). 

A

The Book of Eli: This started out really slow. That maybe because I missed the first 6 minutes of it but I kept asking a lot of questions. As the movie went on though I found myself trying to figure out what was sooo important about this book. This is one of those movies that make you go hmmm. I need to watch this movie again for a few reasons. First because I would like to see the first 6 minutes and second because there were a few things I picked up on towards the end... and I'd like to see the movie again "knowing" these things. It was an entertaining and thought provoking film.
B
Little Fockers: Hmmm what can I say here.... They did a GREAT job in making me and many others want to go see the movie... But they failed to keep the movie with the same level of entertainment as the first two films. And the thing that make me the MOST nervous about this movie is how it ended.... Dear Lord please don't let them make another one!!!
C






















I hope my reviews are helpful and more entertaining than Little Fockers. :-p

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment